October 18, 2020 | by: 0 Comments|
Covid-19 Update (September 18, 2020)
Dear Church Family and Visitors,
Now that our additional activities have resumed for the fall, we would like to make you aware of our current guidelines while on our church campus.
Sunday School: 9:00am
Sunday Morning Worship: 10:15am
Sunday Evening Services: 6:00pm
We ask that everyone Ages 6 and older wear a mask and try to stay within groups of 15 or less to allow for social distancing. Pews are marked off to assist in those guidelines.
For all Mid-Week Activities Held on Our Church Campus:
Please wear a mask when entering and exiting the building, and when you are unable to maintain 6 feet of distance from other people.
Other General Information:
Masks will be available at the east and west doors.
Nursery care is available for children 3 and under.
As always, we urge caution for those who are in an at-risk category. We also ask that you refrain from attending if you are not feeling well and/or are exhibiting any symptoms resembling COVID-19.
The Elders understand that “wearing a mask” is a hot debate right now in our community, so we do not want this to become a divisive issue. So, please consider these principles for wearing a mask:
- “Consider others as more important than yourself” –
- Phil. 2:3-4 Submit to the authorities that mandate wearing masks – Rom. 13:1 “be submissive to the governing authorities”
- Consider your testimony in the community – Col. 4:5 “conduct yourselves with wisdom towards outsiders, making the most of the opportunity”
- Ask yourself, “Is wearing a mask sin?”
- Personal preferences and Christian liberties – “one person regards one day above another; another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.” (wearing a mask) Rom. 14:5
Some, for various reasons, may be unable to wear masks. We understand this! Remember that livestreaming is still an option, we hope you still join us via livestream if you choose to stay home.
Our world is constantly changing. We live in uncertain times but our God is unshakable. There is only one thing constant and true and that is our God. Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Heb. 13:4). All the current events of our day should remind us not to trust in any of our freedoms, political parties, present/past events, or ourselves. Prov.20:7 says, "Some trust in chariots and others in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord, our God." Hebrew 4:13 says, "there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.” I assure you that comfort can only be found in our Lord Jesus Christ.